Information We May Collect Through Your Use of the Services:
We collect the following two types of Information through Your use of the Services:
- “Personal Information,” which is the type of information that specifically identifies an individual personally and/or can be used alone to contact an individual online or offline, such as a full name, physical address, email address, telephone number, precise geo-location information, credit card information and user names and passwords;
- “Non-Personal Information,” which is information that cannot readily be used to contact an individual personally, including information such as date of birth, ZIP or postal code, non-precise geo-location information (e.g., city, county), and gender, as well as information about a computer and/or mobile device, such as the unique device ID, Internet Protocol (IP) address, or other persistent identifiers, and their hardware/ software/ firmware. Non-Personal Information also includes “Usage Data,” which is data relating to usage of a computer and/or device, such as the actions taken within and outside of the Services, the browser and/or device used, the date and time of use of the Services, particular preferences and/or settings for use of the Services, and the URLs visited and/or apps used before and after using our Services.
Together, Personal Information and Non-Personal Information may collectively be referred to here as “Information.”
Personal Information, Non-Personal Information and Other Information That We Collect and How We Collect It
- If an Organizer chooses to subscribe to our services and opens an account with us, the Organizer will be required to provide certain Information to do so, including information to fill out a profile, request support, sign up to receive notifications, or information for billing purposes. We will collect all Information the Organizer submits for account purposes, which may include the Organizer’s Personal Information such as name, email address, phone number, credit card information provided to a third-party processor, and Non-Personal Information such as date of birth and/or gender.
- Organizers shall not collect, process or store any protected health information (“PHI”) regarding Participants. PHI means individually identifiable health information, including an individual’s past, present or future physical or mental health, or an individual’s condition or the provision of health care to an individual. PHI also includes information such as an individual’s health condition, medical treatment, medications or other similar information. We take no liability for misuse of PHI collected by Organizers.
- If a Participant chooses to access our Services to provide information to Organizers regarding participation in an event, provide information in response to emails from Organizers, provide information within question forms generated by the Services, or to use the Services to obtain information about an event, the Participant will be required to consent to the use of the Services and to provide certain Information to us. That Information may include Personal Information, such as name, address and e-mail address, as well as Non-Personal Information. We will collect Information the Participant submits for the purposes of providing the Services to Participants.
- If a Participant chooses to use the Services at the request of an Organizer, the Participant may be requested to provide Personal Information, such as name, address and e-mail address, as well as Non-Personal Information, to the Organizer. The Organizer will collect, process and store such Information for the purposes of organizing, coordinating and making communications regarding events.
- Participants should not provide any PHI to Organizers. Participants should also not provide any Personal Information to Organizers that they do not wish to be shared with other Participants for the purposes of organizing, coordinating and making communications regarding events.
- If You choose to connect to any of our Services through a third-party social network such as Facebook, we may collect Information from Your profile on such third-party social networks, such as Your name, username, e-mail address, photograph, gender and date of birth.
- If You choose to make posts or utilize any chat or messaging functions, as part of providing the requisite functionality, we will collect any Information You may disclose through such means, including Personal Information (so be careful not to disclose Personal Information in public posts that may be used to contact You).
- If You choose to submit Your Information to us for any other reason in any other form (e.g., customer service requests, inquiry submissions, email messages, etc.), we will collect such Information and use it for the purposes for which You submitted it.
- We will only collect Personal Information if You choose to submit it to us. However, we, or third-party analytics services on our behalf, may collect Non-Personal Information such as device IDs, IP addresses and other persistent identifiers, as well as Usage Data, whenever You use our Services. Such Non-Personal Information is not combined with Personal Information unless You choose to submit Personal Information to us. No automated decision-making involving Personal Information is used for Services.
- A special note about cookies: When You use the Services, we may also use “cookies,” “web beacons” or similar tracking technologies, which are small files that identify Your computer or mobile device that collect and store Usage Data relating to such computer or mobile device. Should You choose to submit Personal Information to us, we may link that Usage Data to Your Personal Information. You may be able to disable cookies and other tracking technology; however, some of our Services will not function properly if You do so and You may lose access to the Services You wish to use.
Use of the Personal Information That We Collect
We will use Your Personal Information to:
- Provide You with the Services or functionality including organizing, coordinating and facilitating communications regarding events, and other purposes relating to the Services;
- Respond to any inquiries You have made through our customer service features;
Use of the Non-Personal Information That We Collect
Non-Personal Information, including Usage Data, may be used by us for administrative, analytical, research, optimization, security and other purposes. Specifically, we may use Your Non-Personal Information, including Usage Data, to:
- Track Your use of our Services to help us learn more about Your preferences and tendencies so that we can personalize Your experience, provide You with notifications that are tailored to You, and otherwise enhance Your experience;
- Determine which features, products and services users enjoy the most so we can enhance and improve our Services;
- Evaluate the success of certain features;
- Send applicable push notifications related to our Services, but only if You have opted in to receiving such notifications (and You may choose to opt out at any time thereafter).
- Protect against crime or fraud, or to address other security concerns.
- Organizers may also use Non-Personal Information regarding Participants in conjunction with organizing, coordinating and making communications regarding Events.
Disclosure of the Information That We Collect
- In order to provide certain aspects of our Services, including organizing, coordinating and making communications regarding Events, Your Information is collected, processed and stored by Organizers who may share Your Information with other Organizers or Participants in an event.
- Non-Personal Information in aggregated, anonymous form may be shared with third parties who assist us with our internal operations such as administration, analytics, research, strategy and optimization. The third parties we contract with for the foregoing purposes (“Service Providers”) will be authorized to use such Information only for the purposes for which the party was engaged; however, please understand that the storage and use of Your Information by such Service Providers is not in our control.
- We may disclose Information, including Personal Information, if required by law or court order, if the information relates to actual or threatened harmful conduct, to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse or unauthorized use of the Services, or to protect the property or safety of others.
- In connection with any sale or transfer of our company or any line of business (including the assets relating thereto), customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, and such customer information (including Your Personal Information) will be transferred or sold to the acquirer or transferee.
We ask that You keep Information that You provide to us or to Organizers current, including Personal Information, and ask that You correct any information You have provided us on the Settings and/or Account pages within the Services, by contacting the Organizer. You represent and warrant that all Information You provide us is true and correct and that You have permission to provide such Information to us.
If You wish to opt out of further communications or push notifications from us, or if You wish to review, delete, transfer, and/or revise the Personal Information we have stored about You, please contact us with Your specific request at email@example.com; provided, however, that we reserve the right to retain an archive of such Personal Information for a commercially reasonable time to ensure that its deletion does not affect the integrity of our data; and we further reserve the right to retain an anonymous version of such Information. Please keep in mind that certain features of the Services, including notifications to Participants or access to information about events, may not be functional if You withdraw or opt out of certain communications or notifications.
If you wish to opt out of receiving communications from Organizers of events, please contact the Organizer directly. You may also use the unsubscribe link within e-mails sent by the Services, to notify the Organizer of your intent to opt out of receiving further communications. Please note that unsubscribing Your e-mail account will prevent You from using certain features of the Services, including receiving further communications about upcoming events from the Organizer.
You may have the ability to decline to permit cookies or other tracking technology, but in that case we cannot promise You that all features will function properly as a result.
If You use the Services, You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your account and for restricting access to Your computer or device, and You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under Your account.
You may withdraw your consent to data processing at any time, but in that case we cannot promise You that all features will function properly as a result. Additionally, You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority if you feel that any of Your rights have been violated.
Children and Minors
The portions of our Services by which Organizers collect, process and store Information regarding Participants are intended for use by adults only, not by children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If You become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account. Participants providing Information regarding an individual under the age of 13 attest that they have permission to do so from the parent or guardian of the individual. If You are a parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age and You have questions regarding Information regarding a child that you have provided to an Organizer, please contact the Organizer.
If You are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of our Services, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits You to request and obtain removal of content or information You have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to email@example.com and include “CA Removal Request” in the subject line. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information You have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
It is Your choice whether or not You provide Personal Information to us and use the Services. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the Personal Information collected through the Services. We take reasonable precautions to protect our customers' Personal Information against loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please remember that no transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect Your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that You transmit to us or from us, and You do so at Your own risk.
If You believe Your Personal Information is being improperly used by us or any third party, please immediately notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under certain circumstances, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 states that, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, a business may be required to provide detailed information regarding how that business has shared that customer’s personal information with third parties for direct marking purposes. However, the foregoing does not apply to businesses like ours that either do not disclose Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, other than as specified herein, without prior approval or give customers a free mechanism to opt out of having their personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes (for more detail on our policy, please see the first bullet point in the Section above entitled “Disclosure of the Information That We Collect”). California users may request further information about their rights under this law and our policy by writing to us at email@example.com, using the subject line “CA Request for Information,” and requesting further information.California Do Not Track Disclosures: because we respect Your privacy, we will abide by any “do not track” technology that You may choose to utilize, although, as described above with cookies, such technology may negatively affect the functionality of the Services.
Attn: David Wood
2500 Broadway, Suite F-125
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Phone: +1 (833) 383-6863